I’m in Asia. I have taken some photos. They are on my Flickr page, here (few below too…). Thanks!
Category Archives: THE WORLD – Time, space, dark matters…
How exciting. I am helping to make Dublin’s first large-scale pop up park. We want to reclaim vacant sites, create colour where there is grey, make platforms for creativity and interaction. YAY! Have a look at the UpStart site for more details…
For now, I really want to start thanking people for their incredible generosity:
- Thanks to Designist (George’s St, Dublin) for all their support and for doing a fund raiser this weekend – slushies in the shop all day Saturday (for a wee donation)!
- Thanks to Redmonk for sharing the link on his site today!
- Thanks to Rabble FB for the mention, much appreciated!
- Everyone at the Dominick Street Community Centre and the DCC for their brilliant input!
- Thanks to everyone who has pledged money through the Fund It also!
Here’s me with some bunting made by local kids yesterday: Me with bunting!
I am helping to create a ‘pop up park’ in Dublin this summer!Exciting and amazing.
It will be on the currently vacant site at the corner of Dominick and Parnell St. It will be incredible, but we need money!
If you can, please help through our Fund It campaign click here.
Or if you can help with time and ideas instead of money that’s great too, just let us know, click here. We need help building it, doing workshops, creative events and lots more…
If you don’t know it already, check out Irish artist Eoin Whelehan’s blog “35 Days” here:
This is a taste of his work. It goes from smart to poignant to funny to beautiful. What a talent! And the prints are available to buy now (great for presents)…
Finally, some real summer weather in Ireland. And, boy, did we take advantage. Went to the gorgeous Glendalough today for a 4 hour hike, here’s the evidence…for the full set of photos have a look at my Flickr here.
Click here for Astronomy Ireland’s explanation and more details